Saturday, August 12, 2006

Thank You Friends!

Thank you everyone for your kind and generous birthday wishes! Thank you for the emails, the phone calls, the birthday cake, the food magazine subscription, the homemade dinner, the cooking class, the gift certificate to Peet's, and the Tuesday lunch at Faz! I love you all, and I am touched by everything you did! You reminded me that friends and family are the most important in life, and how food unifies us all.

Although this won't be a full-length post (it is many just of pictures), I hope this gives you an idea of the fun I had. Here are some pictures of the courses in the Australian-themed four-course cooking class "gift" I was given.

Course #1: Shrimp Encrusted with Hungarian Paprika and Glazed with Pomegranate Molasses

Course #2: Chicken with a Ginger and Plum Reduction

Course #3: Eggplant, Red Onion, and Zucchini Squash Tart

Course #4: Passionfruit Mousse

Thank you again friends! Hope your August will be as wonderful as you have made mine!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow..those dishes look amazing. Besides all of the wonderful life advice you always give me, you need to teach me how to cook, PE. I am always amazed by how much I can learn from you. Glad you had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Goldfishy 526, thank you for everything you've done for me, and thank you for the very thoughtful gift! I was honestly going to say the same about you--I learn from you everytime I see you. I learn the value of friendships and how to better love friends and family. You are a great role model for me to learn from. (You have so much inner beauty, and you are gorgeous on the outside too!) I also learn many new vocabulary words, and how to express myself poetically from you as well!

    The beau and I are cooking for small group this Friday, and we are thinking about making the tart from cooking class. Hope to see you on Friday, and save room in your stomach for dinner!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy every comment, and will try to reply if time permits. If you have a blog, please leave a link. I love to discover new and delicious sites!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...