I was just tagged by Goldfishy 526 (or Miss Jinerous) to list my ten simple pleasures.
Ten Simple Pleasures
1. Free Weekend and Night Minutes
2. Spontaneous Emails or Phone Calls from Old Friends
3. Family Pictures
4. Dressing Up for a Date with the Beau
5. Using Frequent Flyer Miles
6. Cookbooks with Step-by-Step Picture Instructions
7. Links to Passionate Eater
8. Phoenix Suns Games During the Playoffs
9. Hour-Long Showers
10. Comfort Food (see the pictures in the post for some of my comfort foods)
Also, about the photos: The beau and I got take-out at an inexpensive Tommy's Joynt-style hofbrau near his home called Chick-N-Coop, and it was savory food, that was very comforting.
Hofbraus in the city are lil' gems. Obviously, the food is never going to be stellar, but if you want comfort food that time-warps you back in the 1950's and amply fills your stomach, they are definitely the places for quick, affordable, and heartwarming meals, and oftentimes, rejuvenating conversation with the older patrons and restaurant employees.
Our order at Chick-N-Coop was classic American hofbrau faire, including spaghetti with thick noodles saturated with an "interesting" sauce flavored with the essence of ground cloves,
Roasted chicken with a heaping side of mashed potatoes and gravy,
Pickled magenta-colored beets, soaking in a dark purplish liquid that could be used as a staining dye, and,
The obligatory crusty roll with a small pat of butter.
I apologize for the quality of the pictures (I am borrowing a lower quality camera while mine is in the repair shop), and I hope that you enjoy the post anyway! Also, I am tagging... Umm, would you like to do this meme? Go ahead if you do! And Rachel just put up her great list of ten pleasures!