Sunday, April 20, 2008

Indecision 2008

There is more certainty in my mind about who to vote for this upcoming presidential election, than there is about trivial wedding details.

Planning a wedding has proven to be a very challenging endeavor. I usually try to make a decision and move on from it, but with the wedding, I find myself revisiting every decision that I made, and thinking, "Should I have done something else?"

One thing that I am beating myself up about, is the menu. The beau and I recently agreed on what to serve our guests during the cocktail hour and during the reception dinner, but I am starting to have doubts for the following two reasons:

Reason #1: I could only list eight items on the tasting menu, but I really wanted to try thirty-five.

Reason #2: The beau said he didn't think that (1) the jumbo prawns with meyer lemon cocktail sauce or (2) the raw oysters on a half-shell with chardonnay sabayon "would be a good fit at our wedding." . . . But it was a good fit in my stomach.

Wedding planning for an obsessive-compulsive foodie is self-destructive.

13 comments:

  1. so far your picks make for a foodies fantastic wedding....you can always save the dishes from list B for your 'after party' when returning from the honeymoon.....or perhaps for the baby shower....hehe!

    chardonnay sabayon on oysters~wow!

    p.s. resending comment sorry if dupe

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyyyy....do you need help with this wedding tasting??? cause i can help you cover that 35....

    ReplyDelete
  3. PE, I can see your boyfriend's point. Not to cause more confusion, but I love oysters but seems like it was be hard to eat holding a champagne glass. Whereas I think the jumbo shrimp is a classic. What else is on the menu!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Saikat from BlogsJam here.
    Wanted to email you, but could not locate your email address on the
    blog. we have 2 cool widgets ( a slideshow widget and a content widget
    ) which can help enhance site interaction and reader's experience. pl contact me at saibose@gmail.com so that i can send you the slideshow widget for your blog.

    thx-Saikat

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.e. ~ do enjoy your posts so much...just wanted you to know I posted today about the passionate eater as well as love to present you with the "E" award for Excellence....which I am sure you have already received b4, but I enjoy your pix + food thoughts so much!

    you can visit me at TM for details...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eight isn't even close to thiry-five!
    Maybe the price will make you more choosy!
    I can hardly wait to see what you selected!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tough choices; it's nice that you get to taste them first. Will be interesting to see what you finally decide on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love wedding planning, especially when it comes down to the menu.

    Then again, I've heard that building a kitchen, remodeling a kitchen, or even evaluating the existing kitchen in a new home can be as divisive as a challenge for a couple, especially if one or both of you are foodies.

    But you can deal with that when you get there =).

    -Sage's Brother

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun you're having trying all these fun dishes. For our wedding menu, we were given the choice of A, B, C or D (set courses). Your tastings seem like a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds great, actually. I would have gone for the 35 items anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi y'all! I love all of your suggestions! I wish y'all could taste everything w/me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, and Taste Memory, thank you SO MUCH for the wonderful award! I have many people in mind on who to pass it onto!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy every comment, and will try to reply if time permits. If you have a blog, please leave a link. I love to discover new and delicious sites!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...